Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Day 9: One last look

One week after arriving in this fine city, it was time to get ready to go home. Appropriately, it rained all morning (I like to think the city was also sad we were leaving), so we had an extra cup of çay and took our time getting ready. Today was dedicated to getting things in order, buying a few souvenirs, mailing some postcards - no more major tourist action. After a lazy (read: lovely) morning, we headed back down towards the Bazaars and bought a few things, including Turkish Delight, and pistachios!) I even managed to barter with a salesman and get him down to more than half his original price on one gift! Once all my Turkish lira were spent (pretty close), we started packing and organizing. For dinner, we returned to Melekler for one last kebab plate. And just like that, the day was gone.
Since I didn't really spend time taking photos on Wednesday, here are some more of my favourite moments that didn't quite fit into my little narrative. Enjoy.







1